Marengo’s Lunar New Year Festival Is Here!
Join us for a virtual Zoom Lunar New Year Festival and usher in all the good fortune that we can look forward to in a new year! Put on your lucky red outfits, make lots of noise, and let’s chase away the bad luck of 2020 in full community cheer!
- One-and-a-half hour Hosted Zoom Party
- Cultural performances–Lion Dance, student singing, and more!
- New Year’s calligraphy and craft tutorial
- Be on the lookout for a guest or two with inspiring messages of welcome and fun
- Marengo Lunar New Year Party Box: party decor, craft materials, treats, and surprise game prizes for the kids! (Limited to the first 300 families who register!)
- Put in a snack order from our festival partner, Teamorrow (milk/green tea and/or popcorn- chicken/fried tofu snacks) for an additional charge and get it at the same time as your Party Box pickup! Let’s support our local business that’s also supporting us with a portion of the proceeds donated back to our school!
WHERE AND WHEN:
- Date: February 6, 2021 Time: 2:00-3:30 PM (Synchronous, but of course!)
- Where: ZOOM from your own party pad Cost: $5 per family
- Registration open now until February 1, 2021
Frequently Asked Questions and more: (updated as we get more questions)
- When you register, we will also ask for your child’s grade level in order to provide age-appropriate crafts in order to get your unique registration code and link.
- Marengo Lunar New Year PARTY BOX pickup will be from 10 AM – 12 PM the same day as the festival, February 6, 2021. Drive-up only please, at 1400 Marengo Ave, South Pasadena, CA and show a print-out of your registration confirmation. You may open any passenger-side window or pop your trunk; event volunteers wearing face masks and gloves will drop the items into your car.
Safety and Etiquette
- Zoom etiquette and courtesy rules are still in place: be polite, courteous, and appropriate.
- Parent supervision required during Zoom
- Use proper names as your zoom name (student’s name, parent’s name, family name, etc)
- Moderators will be moderating name usage, gallery usage, and chat usage. Moderators will move any participants they deem exhibiting inappropriate behavior to a waiting room. We reserve the right to remove any attendee from the party.
We will update this page with new info as needed.
Check back often, and you can always email us directly at email@example.com
Can’t wait to see you in the Year of the Ox!
Marengo PTA Lunar New Year Committee